Twilight Saga

Monday, July 21, 2008
My almost-high-school-senior niece from Oklahoma clued me into a popular new YA series about vampires and werewolves... and romance. Stephanie Meyer is writing the Twilight Saga. Her fourth book, Breaking Dawn, will be out August 2nd. Right now, I'm half way through book three (Eclipse), but I'm totally addicted.


I'd say the series is comparable to the Harry Potter books, but the main character is a girl, Bella, and she's pure human... at the moment. Also, her books are written in first person and, as of yet, she doesn't have to defeat one main bad guy to save the world. She has more internal than external conflicts to overcome (Definitely, since I bawled through most of New Moon, the second book). I guess the series reminds me so much of Harry Potter because of the paranormal aspect, the fact that it's written for young adults, and because all the books tie in so well together.

What's really ironic, however, is that the first book, Twilight, will be out in the movies December 12th and the main hero, Edward, will be played by Robert Pattinson, who previously starred as Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies. Weird, huh?

Anyway, I'm jazzed about these books and I can't wait to finish reading the series and watching all the movies. Thanks a bundle, Katie Ann, for recommending I check out Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment