Busy Little Bee

Monday, August 25, 2008
I'm full of cliches lately. Last post, I was doing three steps in my two-steps-forward-one-step-back writing career. And now I've been such a busy little bee this past week because when it rains it pours.

Not only have I been working like a bat out of hell on our new house to get it finished, but I've nearly been at death's door with my thyroid problems and have finally gotten an appointment for tests this week. On top of that, my writing has really taken off and publishers keep asking for more to read. Plus we're at the height of our busy season at work and I've been swamped there. Not to mention, my parents fiftieth wedding anniversary is less that two weeks away and final touches are being made on that. And now, NOW of all times, the publisher who read my finalist entry in the Ignite the Flame Contest, wants to see a partial and synopsis. So, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off to polish that off and send it in. I've barely had time to think, much less keep up with my critique group. I keep telling myself it'll all be over soon, but man. Soon keeps getting stretched out another couple of months.

Okay... I think I have all the cliches out of my system now (Oops. Guess not!). Hopefully, I'll have good news to report soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment