Book Cover

Monday, December 15, 2008
The Wild Rose Press has created a cover for my book. Oh, wow. It feels bizarre to say that. But here it is, in full color. I'm so esctatic, I could pop. And what's even more wonderful... one of my critique partners was just offered a contract through The Wild Rose Press too. So, be on the lookout for author Claire Ashgrove (I'll pass along more information about her once she's online). She's gonna knock your socks off. Yes, I believe we aptly named ourselves The Wonderful Critiquing Women. It won't be long before I have more announcements about my fellow writing acquaintances. There'll be more sales soon. I feel it in my bones.

I've received my first round of edits and I must say, I think I'm in love with my editor. She's too nice by far... and so complimentary. It's surreal. She's made me believe I actually wrote a good book. I keep waiting for that, "Sike! I was just kidding. Honestly, you need to cut out this third, and add another half, and revise this three quarters." But so far, she's taken it very easy on me, and I can't be thankful enough.

Or maybe the real trial comes once the finalized copy is shipped off to reviewers. I'm sure that'll knock some of the wind out of me because not everyone can love my story. Yeah, I bet reviewers will bring me back to earth. But until then, I'm still floating on cloud nine and enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment