Dr. Seuss Day

Monday, March 2, 2009
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss


Today is the 105th anniversary of Dr. Seuss's birthday... more commonly called Dr. Seuss Day. So, make sure you celebrate by reading a Dr. Seuss book. According to my mother-in-law, my husband's favorite book was always Green Eggs and Ham. If she ever tried to skip over a page, he'd catch it, make her go back, and read it right. But I must say, I'm partial to There's a Wocket in my Pocket myself. It doesn't matter which story you pick, though, just don't forget to set aside a few minutes for the Seuss-man. I'm betting all of us would've had a duller childhood without him.

And don't forget to begin the YA Web Tour I'm participating in this week. It starts today at the website of Kimberlee Mendoza.

Have a happy Dr. Seuss Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment