Baby -- Any Time Now!

Monday, February 1, 2010
LYDIA MARIE - 37 Weeks Sonogram

Linda Kay - 1 week old

I got a 3-D sonogram taken of my baby. WOW. With both her hands and feet up by her head and covering a good portion of her face, it was extremely difficult for the doctor to capture this image. He assured me her nose was fine, it merely got cut off in the picture when he focused in to get the other features of her face. I say it's wonderful, clear enough to tell who she looks like anyway! That's definitely MY nose and mouth, don't you think? I don't have a baby picture handy of my hubby (I'm going to have to get my hands on one though), but I do believe those might be the shape of her daddy's eyes. Awww.

Anyway, she is still in breech position, so the word c-section is being heavily discussed. If she still hasn't turned by my next appointment, we'll be scheduling which day she'll be born. The idea of picking out her birthday is kind of exciting. Of course, if I go into labor before that, she'll be picking her own b-day.

She's estimated to be six pounds and five ounces already. I've gained a total of thirty-three pounds all together...not wonderful news, but it's still perfectly average, which I can deal with. After getting to see my baby's face, I'd still be glowing if I'd gained sixty pounds. I just can't wait to meet her in person.

She is now considered FULL TERM!!! That just blows my mind. She's all cooked up and ready to serve...just a few more finishing touches to go before the ol' oven timer goes off, and I deliver Baby À la carte.

I ended up getting FIVE baby showers thrown for her, given by family, friends, church, my workplace, and hubby's workplace. The last one is set to finish this afternoon. Whew. After the first shower, I bought a brand new 50-card set of blank Thank You notes to fill out, but I've already written my way through the entire box. I'm telling you, this is one popular baby; her nursery is thoroughly complete with blankets, diapers, baby clothes, and body washes galore. It's nice to know she's already got this kind of love coming her way, but I say she totally deserves it (sorry, is my proud mama grin showing through?).


Anyway, I think that's all I have to report. Both baby and me seem to be healthy and doing just fine. The doctor says I'm beginning to drop, but I haven't dilated yet.

If I do get a c-section scheduled, I'll let you know. See you all tomorrow with more news, but this news will have to do with actual writing and books!

13 comments:

  1. Wow. Those 3D sonograms are amazing!
    I gained about 31 lbs total, too. I felt the same way. i wasn't thrilled, but really, it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Linda. Thanks for the pics. Isn't it amazing what they can do now? I mean, that is your little sweety in there. God's awesomeness revealed yet again.

    Don't forget to let us know if they do schedule a c-section. I am praying for a safe delivery, healthy little one, and beautiful flowers from daddy for his girls when all is done. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 3-D sonogram IS amazing. I keep going back to it and just looking at her. That's really my baby's face.

    And I love the flowers idea. I might have to plant that seed in daddy's head! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! The arrival of a baby is monumental. (That sonogram reminds me of artwork--like an mysterious, ancient gold ornament or something). Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful and so are you! You do resemble one another for sure! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, she does have your nose and mouth! How sweet that you can tell even before she is born. I hope she turns soon and you and Lydia are both healthy and happy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those 3D sonograms are amazing! Yay for full term and healthy babies. And yay for baby showers. I hope the little one decides to turn but if not just make sure you have lots of help for after the C-section. It will be so wonderful to see your little girl. All the best! (And keep us posted.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics. You can be as proud as you want mama! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda, how beautiful! I'm so excited for you. Don't worry about the weight. That's a perfect amount and it should come right off, probably within three months. :-)
    I hope she turns. If not, c-sections are so safe. It'll be great. Take care of yourself.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Cow - technology sure has improved since I had my babies! That's an amazing picture. You must be soooo excited :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! Praying for a safe delivery:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, everyone! My last baby shower was wonderful. Teachers are such creative people, I've never recieved so many original gifts before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your little lady! Is this your first? How exciting either way!

    Nothing like the kids...my life currently revolves around my toddler and watching him grow and learn. It's amazing.

    Thanks for visiting my site...right back at ya'!

    ReplyDelete