Start the week with LYNNE ROBERTS

Monday, January 17, 2011
Some men simply walk across a room, but not David.

Elle Simpson watched from her office as the new intern, his hips moving in a predatory roll, strolled to the copier and stood with his back toward her. No, not David.

She felt the color rise in her cheeks as her gaze traced his body, from the dark hair just curling at the nape of his neck, past wide shoulders, to the dangerous-looking narrow hips and an ass made for grabbing. Her body warmed and her inner thighs began to tingle.

David turned, as though he could sense her scrutiny, and flashed a smile that could short-circuit a city. Hell, it certainly did a number on her. Elle swallowed, hiding behind a noncommittal nod, and hoped she gave the impression she was too busy for pleasantries. Damn. She needed to be more careful.

After many years with the company, she’d earned her reputation as a dependable, hardworking, no-nonsense kind of woman. She grimaced. What would her fellow employees think if they knew every time David Nelson walked in the room, Elle’s synapses stopped firing as all the blood left her head to settle between her legs? She shifted on her chair and the friction caused her pussy to ache, reminding her of its neglected state.

Evidently finished with the copier, David gathered his papers and walked back to his cubicle. Elle tilted her head to better watch him walk down the hall. A damn sexy man. Perhaps he’d been born with some sort of exclusive hip design. It would explain the fluidity of movement.

Elle shrugged. One thing was certain—when David walked into a room, or out of it, he had her undivided attention. She didn’t think he was trying to be sexy, or if he was, the effort had become, well...effortless. There was just something in the way those well-oiled hips moved that made her wonder what else they could do.

********************
You just read an excerpt from:
AFTER HOURS
by
LYNNE ROBERTS
Buy LINK: The Wild Rose Press
********************

Today, we’re here with published author, Lynne Roberts.

Linda Kage: Tell us a little about you and what you write please.

Lynne: Thank you so much Linda for having me on your blog. I’m a mom of five, an avid gardener and I’ve been reading everything I can get my hands on since I can remember! I write spicy romance under Lynne Roberts, which is my pen name, and fantasy/paranormal romance under my real name.



Kage: What happened to the first book you ever wrote?



Lynne: LOL It’s still in its spiral notebook somewhere. Okay, to show you how much of a nerd I am… It was a love story for Spock. I got so tired of Captain Kirk always getting the girl, I wrote a story where Spock met his HEA. Even then tall, dark, intelligent characters with untapped passion called to me. LOL


Kage:What’s your backlist and coming soon bookshelf look like?



Lynne: As of right now, I only have two books on the cyber shelves: After Hours and First Date. The year After Hours released was a hard one; I lost my grandma after a prolonged illness and ended a long-term relationship. The good news, I have two books releasing early this year. Creative License from Samhain releases 2/15/11. Hooking Up from The Wilder Rose Press doesn’t have a release date yet, but I’m hoping soon.


Kage: So, what story are we going to talk about today?



Lynne: After Hours released 12/2009. I know, a long time ago. ; ) It’s an erotic cougar story about Elle, a successful business woman and David, the gorgeous intern.


********************BLURB********************
After Hours
by
Lynne Roberts
Elle Simpson doesn’t deny that the new intern is sexy as hell but he’s also ten years her junior--and she doesn’t date men from the office. Of course, dating isn’t what comes to mind when David Nelson enters a room. When Elle’s boss assigns her to work an important account, she’s thrilled—until David volunteers to help. Working one on one with her desirable new assistant is bound to test the limits of her restraint.

Everything about Elle, from her professional savvy to her hot body, turns David on, but first he has to unravel her mixed signals. After a few late nights alone with Elle in the office, David is at the end of his tether. It was hard enough during the day; keeping his hands off her after hours is proving impossible.
*********************************************

Kage: What would the story be rated if it were a movie?



Lynne: er… probably NC17.


Kage: If you HAD to fit this story into a cliché, which one would it be?



Lynne: Definitely forbidden love. Elle just doesn’t date men from the office, let alone one 10 years her junior!


Kage:Okay, now that we have a general idea which class to fit After Hours under, what makes this book so unique from every other book out there?



Lynne: There’s a definite sweetness between Elle and David that I think sets this book apart. An interesting piece of information about the story… well I suck at coming up with character names. Sometimes, when I’m sketching out the story, I call the main characters ‘he’ and ‘she’. I chose the French word for ‘she’ in this manuscript and it stuck!



Kage:What was the easiest part to write?



Lynne: Dialog was by far the easiest to write. Elle and David are the kind of characters with natural chemistry that seems to go beyond the writer (at least this writer). My biggest problem was typing fast enough to catch the dialog between them.


Kage:What do you like most about the main character(s) and what do you like least? Did you learn anything from them?



Lynne: I like Elle’s work ethic, and her ability to adapt to changing situations. I love that she sets aside stereotypes and listens to her heart. I thought of her when the gorgeous, wonderful, but younger-than-me coach of my youngest daughter’s soccer team asked me out. And yes, I followed her lead… more or less. ; )


Kage:Lynne, Thank you so much for stopping by today and gracing us with your presence. Before we go, is there anything else you’d like to say to wrap things up?



Lynne: Just thank you again, Linda! This was fun! Here's a sneak peak of the cover for Creative License.


If you're still curious about Lynne, here are other places to find her on the web:

Website: http://lynneroberts.net/

Blog: http://lynneroberts.blogspot.com/

Facebook: Lynne Roberts

Twitter: Lynne_Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment