Start the week with NANCY HENDERSON

Monday, January 31, 2011
Cade stared at the Indian. “Excuse me?”

“We have to leave.”

“Why?”

“It is not safe for you to be here.”

Cade blinked. Hunter had chased her through the woods then shot her. Now he was concerned with her safety? Where the bloody hell did he expect her to go? She didn’t know whether she could even sit up by herself, let alone stand and walk out of here.

Weakness blurred logic, dove straight to her bones. How was it this man, nearly her killer, was now the only person who spoke English here and, in a sense, her lifeline?

The last time she’d left this alone was when Ben had been called to war, but at least then she was able to take care of herself. She knew how to hunt, how to provide the basic necessities for her survival. Now she couldn’t even take care of herself. She had been shot to pieces and was in the custody of the man who had done this to her and was now ordered her to leave.

“Where am I supposed to go?”

“I will keep you safe.” His voice was like honey dripping from his fingers. Where there had been hardness in his gaze, a tiny sliver of softness appeared. Empathy? Had she imaged it? This…man held no tolerance for anyone or anything. Why would he possibly care about her safety?

Something deep in his black eyes made her want to trust him if only for a brief moment. They were a safe haven in a sea of uncertainty and violence, retribution which she had been plotting for well over a year.

“What is your name?”

“Cade.” Her expression was automatic. “Julia Cadence…Cade…Skye. Everyone calls me Cade.”

Cade had no idea why she told him her full name. She was simply Cade to everyone, had always been. Nothing simple about her or her life anymore.

“I am Kaieri Kikawera Ke.”

The words rolled off his tongue like water over rock. “What does that mean?”

“Hunter Of The Four Winds.”

Hunter. She closed her eyes against her aching brain, reopened them to find him still staring. Intense eyes that dove straight into her soul.

Something broke inside. An electrical charge. It drew her into him, made him more aware of herself from the tips of her nipples to somewhere deep. Somewhere she had no intention of ever revealing to him.

She swallowed. “Well, the name suits you.”

He frowned. Insulting him had not been her intention. She bit her lip. It felt cracked and peeling.

“If you knew I was after Grey, why didn’t you shoot to kill? Why did you let me live?”

“I always shoot to kill.”

“Then why do I live?”


********************
You just read an excerpt from:
FOUR WINDS
by
Nancy Henderson
Buy LINK: DCL PUBLICATIONS
********************

Today, we’re here with published author, Nancy Henderson.


Linda Kage: Hi, Nancy! Tell us a little about you and what you write please.



Nancy:Thanks for having me, Linda. I write in paranormal romance and historical romance. I don't write under any pen names.




Kage: What happened to the first book you ever wrote?




Nancy: It's in a file cabinet. It's just terrible, but I keep it because it's close to my heart. The story, however, didn't make much sense. Vampires, time travel, sci fi. I had it all in about 800 pages. LOL



Kage:What’s your backlist and coming soon bookshelf look like?




Nancy: Well, my latest two releases were Wicked Redemption, a paranormal romance, and Stranger In His Bed, a historical romance.



Kage: So, what story are we going to talk about today?




Nancy: I have two new releases. Four Winds is a historical romance set during the French and Indian war. Heroine, Cade, is determined to avenge the death of her husband by killing Colonel Grey, the very same man hero, Hunter, is sworn to protect. Four Winds is published with DCL Publishing (http://www.darkcastlelords.com)

Ghost Of A Chance is a paranormal romance that comes out in February. What happens when mortal and ghost fall in love? Nothing short of upsetting the balance between heaven and hell. Ghost Of A Chance is published with Champagne Books (http://www.champagnebooks.com)



********************BLURB********************
FOUR WINDS
by
Nancy Henderson

A killer sworn to protect the one she risked everything to destroy.

Revenge is all Julia “Cade” Skye has left. Determined to avenge the death of her husband, Cade is shot by one of Colonel Grey’s men, Hunter, a local native sworn to protect Grey.

Not realizing he shot a woman, Hunter has no choice but to take Cade home to his people and nurse her back to health. While recovering, Cade opens up a world to Hunter, one of compassion and understanding, something the hardened warrior never had. Hunter, in turn, teaches Cade that forgiveness is possible. Can they each forget the pain of their pasts and find a future with one another?
*********************************************


Kage: What would the story be rated if it were a movie?




Nancy: I'd hope that all my books were R rated! LOL!/span>.



Kage: If you HAD to fit this story into a cliché, which one

would it be?




Nancy: I would have to say all my books fit into the forbidden love cliche. I love that theme, so I guess I tend to use it in my own books.



Kage:Okay, now that we have a general idea which class to fit your two books

under, what makes this book so unique from every other book out there?





Nancy: Hmmm....tough one. Four Winds is set during the French and Indian war, a time period you don't see done very often. I love the Colonial period. America was a vast melting pot, rich with many, many cultures coming together oftentimes in hostile environments. Danger and adventure at every corner with stories just begging to be written! With Ghost Of A Chance....well, the hero, Nathan McGraw is dead. Oh, and I'm still madly in love with the demon villan! (Did I mention I love the bad boys? LOL!)




Kage:What was the easiest part to write?




Nancy: Dialogue always comes easy for me. Conversations play in my head as if I'm actually hearing them. Does this mean I have voices in my head? Maybe... Pacing is always a struggle for me. When editing I have to write out a timeline, Post Its all over the walls of my office. It gets pretty messy. Sort of like wading through quicksand while wearing lead boots.



Kage:What do you like most about the main character(s) and what do you like

least? Did you learn anything from them?




Nancy: The quality I love about my heroines is that they are strong, determined women who never let the odds, life, or others stand in their way or what they believe in. I hate it when conflict drives my heroes and heroines apart. And after I wrap up the conflict, I always take it as a lesson in plotting. "Next time," I say, "I will outline first so I don't get myself in this plot mess." Then another story idea takes hold and I'm off and running...without an outline!



Kage:Nancy, Thank you so much for stopping by today and gracing us with

your presence. Before we go, is there anything else you’d like to say to wrap things up?




Nancy: I love to hear from readers. Visit my blog to talk about books, reading, knitting (my second love), oh, and of course cats. You can't have just one!




If you're still curious about Nancy, here are other places to find her on the web:

Website: http://www.nancyhenderson.com/

Blog: http://nancyhenderson.blogspot.com/


Twitter: Nancy E. Henderson

Publisher Page: Champagne Books

Publisher Page: DCL Publications

3 comments:

  1. That is different--you really don't see the French and Indian War. :)
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great period in history to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vampires, time travel and sci fi all in one book?! Wow, Nancy. You could dig that one out and make three books, maybe! Good luck with this one.

    ReplyDelete