Which room in your house is haunted???

Monday, October 31, 2011


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Nothing creeps me out more than spooky real-life ghost stories. So, I gotta talk about spooky real-life ghosts today, of course!!

The husband had to go into work at 3AM last Friday morning. So when Lydia woke a bit before five, I changed her diaper, got her a tippy cup of chocolate milk, and dragged her into bed with me so I could nap until the alarm clock went off.

After about two or three minutes of us snuggling under the covers together, this huge BANG, CRASH, BOOM echoed through the house (I know, cool sound effects, huh!). As I wondered why this always always had to happen when the husband was gone, I realize what caused the sound.

Apparently, the doorway into my library/computer room does not like baby gates put across it. That was the third or fourth time it fell down without anyone being near it. And this very same gate has been put up in front of other doorways in the house, never having the same problem in those doorways.

I've had to get up in the middle of the night before with the Lydia and I've seen the computer screen blaring the screen saver in the library. Okay, fine, I'd left the computer on. But after a while, it goes into this dormant sleep mode and doesn't wake up unless someone wiggles the mouse or clicks on the keyboard, so something had to have disturbed it. (In reality, I'm guessing some update program popped up and activated it somehow, but this is October 31st, so work me on this one).


Thus, I've decided...if there is a haunted room in my house, it would have to be the computer / library room. The problem is I have no idea who would be haunting it. The house is only three years old and we're the only residents who've ever lived here. On the other hand, the ground we built on is old Indian ground. My husband has even found an arrowhead out in the yard. Maybe we've ticked off some ancient native Americans wanting our house off their resting place.

Makes you wonder!

So, if you had to pick out a room in your house to be inhibited by paranormal activity, which room would it be...and why?

5 comments:

  1. Thankfully none in this house. I grew up in a house that was haunted. My dad still lives there. It's a friendly ghost. It only plays tricks on women, especially at Christmas. For some reason there is a set of snowmen that always get knocked off the mantle. They were my mom's but she left them there when my parents divorced. There's other things that happen throughout the year, but this one is really strange.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. None in my house now. But I used to live in a house built in 1812 and the oven timer used to beep when I was alone in the house. So in that house I would have to say the kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh freaky.
    Hmm...I would probably say my laundry room. Clothes mysteriously disappear there (and not just socks) never to return again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if writers are more attuned to spirits? Our house isn't very old - we're the second family to live here. I've heard footsteps in husband's office when I've been here alone. I had an experience two nights ago in the kitchen of feeling hands on my shoulders. And some mornings there's an electronic pulsing sound in my office. I'm sure the last has a good explanation, but I haven't found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not going to believe this but I had a friend whose house was on ancient Indian ground. She told me it was haunted, but I didn't really believe until I spent a night there. Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night to see a light hanging in the dark room (no light was really there) I thought I must have imagined that so I went back to sleep and woke up to see a huge man-like figure hovering. Trouble is, he was standing where the bed was tight against the wall. In the morning, I still didn't want to believe so I asked my hostess what anybody claimed to have seen. Guess what? I light and a big Indian. She brought in a native shaman who did some ceremony to make whatever it was go away.

    ReplyDelete