Lucky Seven WIP

Monday, March 19, 2012
Okay, my mind is all bla, bla, bla today. Nothing interesting up there to say.

I've found a new author I'm totally crushing on, so I've been buried in "read" world. Have you ever heard of Jennifer Haymore?? I hadn't until I saw one of her books on Amazon. I bought one of her stories because I was craving a steamy historical regency-style romance. I'm so happy I discovered her. She reminds me of some of my favorite historical romance authors: Suzanne Enoch, Elizabeth Hoyt, Julie Quinn, Laura Lee Guhrke, Lisa Kleypas, and Sabrina Jeffries.

Anyway, Carol over at Under the Tiki Hut, got tagged to play a lucky sevens game, and said anyone else who wanted to try should feel free to take a turn. Since I had no other plans for my blog today, I tried it!

The game: Lucky Sevens

Here's how it goes:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP

2. Go to line 7

3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they're written.

4. Tag 7 authors

Below is my line seven and the next seven lines on page 77 of my most-recently completed WIP. I was shocked to find such an important scene mid-progress on line seven of seventy-seven. But here it goes anyway! Sorry if you're confused. It makes more sense if you read the entire story, of course!


****


Why was she saying something now?


He shook his head, not sure what to demand first. The shaky words that left him mouth were, “Are you…are you asking if we had sex?”

“No,” she spat, then a moment later she glanced over her shoulder at him and choked out, “Did we?”


His mouth dropped open. She looked so scared of the answer, he wasn’t sure how to respond. Would finding out she’d been intimate with him honestly traumatize her that much?


****

So, I'm gonna be like Carol. I'm not pointing out seven specific people, but if anyone else wants to play, consider yourself tagged. It was definitely interesting to find out what is on line seven of page 77!!

Happy Monday!

1 comment: