My Purple Ribbon Baby

Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Just have to announce:  My niece took this picture of my daughter a couple weeks ago to enter it into the county fair for her 4-H project.The fair started this week.

Grandma and Grandpa took my kiddo there this morning to see all the animals. They called just a few minutes ago to report Lydia's picture received a purple ribbon!!

Way to go, Alaina, for your wonderful photography skills!!  

Personally, I think she should've gotten a grand champion prize, but I guess purple will do.

In other news, we just got back from a lake trip yesterday. Sooo fun. But seriously, it's nice to know someone who knows someone who ones a lake house and will let you stay there! 

I was all worried the kiddo would want to jump into the water and try to swim off by herself, but once we first put her in, she clung to me the entire time.  Even when she relaxed and started having fun, she didn't stray away, which let me enjoy the water too.

We had a boat ride and she got to experience her first jet ski. Her daddy now has her trained to beg me to let him buy a boat.  Ugh.  Seriously, why do we need a boat?  We live in KANSAS!  He'd only get to use it a couple times a year...not to mention the whole fact that we can't afford one.

When we got home yesterday, ninety-seven messages were waiting in my Linda Kage email box.  Double ugh. After unpacking and trying to settle back in, I had to go through my book edits and turn those in before my deadline was up.  Now, I need to go back to my messages and answer everyone's letters!

Why is it that going on vacation to relax leaves you even more tired and sore when you return?  Still, I'd do it again next weekend if I could!

So, that's what I've been up to this week. I was without internet service for almost three days...and survived.  I know, amazing huh?

Though it feels more like a Monday than a Wednesday to me, I hope you all have a happy Wednesday!!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my...how cute is this picture!!!??? Lovely!! Congrats on the purple ribbon! Where does that rank? I'm not very familiar with 4-H and their ratings...Whatever the case, it's a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy! Thanks. Purple is the highest color a person can get. From the purples, they choose grand champion and reserve champion. At least, I think how that's how it still goes. It's been a while since I've been in 4-H!

      Delete
  2. She's beautiful Linda. Congrats on the purple ribbon.

    Have fun and enjoy the weather. My ex and I owned a boat and jet ski's with my BIL. Used to be so much fun. Now that I live 20 mins from the ocean I don't own any. LOL Though life is happier now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture Lydia and Alaina!!! Way to go girlies! :) Oooh and my favorite thing is -other than Lydia herself- is the wheel in the background. It gives it personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo with a beautiful model! Glad you had fun at the lake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look at that picture!! Sounds like fun! I always need a vacation after my vacation. LOL

    ReplyDelete