Sick Kids and Guest Posts

Friday, February 8, 2013
I was out of commission from late Friday night to this Wednesday morning with a puny kid. Fevers, hives, emergency room visits, it was all great fun. NOT!

Before it was all over and done with, we had visited three different medical institutions, and received three different medical diagnoses. She either had the flu (though that swab test came back negative), strep throat (and that test came back negative too), or an allergic reaction to something! She had things poked and prodded into just about every orifices she had, and she threw up more than half the medicine we tried to give her.

Here's what she looked like on Sunday morning (maybe you can see her head-to-toe rash, or maybe not):

Anyway, I've been a little busy with those things, so I haven't been out in the social writing world lately. 

Still, this post would probably still be all about my baby because her birthday is THIS Sunday.  I know, that just came out of nowhere.  She's going to be three, and I have a bad feeling the birthday presents we ordered for her are not going to be delivered in time.  Oh well, a day late is better than never...I hope.

She started drawing people this week.  On Tuesday evening, the weather was so nice, and she was tired of being cooped up inside from whatever-was-wrong-with-her, so we went out for a little bit.  She likes to "paint" with water and paintbrushes on the sidewalk, and when I saw she'd painted her first person, I totally flipped out, praising her. Then I ran inside to get the camera.  Dad came over to check it out and pulled out his cell phone to take a picture too.  Lydia was thrilled by our praise and felt the need to draw a couple more people.  So, here is the first time she drew something we could actually "see"!


Her memory skills are getting good too. She can quote more than a few things. Here's a little peek at what our almost three-year-old can say now:



If you didn't catch any of that, I'll translate! She said :  "One little monkey jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Momma called the doctor, and the doctor said, No more monkeys jumping on the bed."

In writing news... 

A Fallow Heart was reviewed on Tuesday, February 5th, (five stars, thank you very much!) at Mrs. Condit and Friends Book Review Blog! Plus, I also had a guest post there, along with the review, about what was fact and fiction in my story. There was a contest to win a copy of A Fallow Heart, but I'm not sure when it expires, or expired!

And that's all from me for today!

Hope you have a great, rash-free weekend.  Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. Now that's quite the rash! Poor baby, I hope she feels better soon. Congrats about the great review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your poor baby!
    Is the rash itchy? I wonder if it's a virus of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you'll ever know what caused the rash? Hope it's gone for good. I read your awesome review :) and the true things in the story. It's on my Kindle, but I haven't read it yet. Now I'll have inside info when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby. Hope everyone feels better soon. I know you guys aren't sick, but no sleep is just as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe all small business should have business phone service. If you are one or two employee company or in business where all your staff is on the road, then you don't really need a business line. Just get a business phone service and it will work on top of your staff personal cell phones. When they receive a call, it will indicate that it is a business call on their call display so they can answer it professionally. All your staff can have their own professional voicemail system. You can monitor how many calls are answered and missed. I have been usingbusiness phone service from telcan. Check them out at: Check out Check out PBX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That was terrible, but I know that they are all faring better now. That is sure, if they got constant treatments, which are of proper caliber. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Terry Roberson @ MedCare Pediatric

    ReplyDelete