Fighting Fate Book Trailer

Friday, August 9, 2013
Seems like it has been forever since I last made a book trailer for one of my stories. I started slacking for a while there, and I still have the old covers on my trailers for Kiss it Better and How to Resist Prince Charming. But I used to have so much fun doing it, that I tried my hand at it again for Fighting Fate.

I showed it to my husband and my niece when I was finished. The husband thinks the music is weird. But seeing as I can't compose my own music, I just tried to find the most suitable from what I could use! And my niece is still upset that the title changed from Cry. I'm not sure if she'll ever be able to think of it as Fighting Fate. But I guess we can't all have what we want.

I've been trying to teach that very lesson to my daughter lately because she is getting way too spoiled. She wants to throw a temper tantrum when she doesn't get her way. I've been trying to make her breathe and calm down, then attempt to compromise. But I think I might have backed myself into a corner with that idea.

Now, whenever she doesn't get what she wants, she'll say, "Let's talk about this," after initially getting upset. And then I feel as if I have to give some slack because she's finally doing what I taught her to do, and because she's just so cute and grown-up sounding when she does it. Melts me every time. Grr.

She learning the lesson better than I am too. I was trying to get gas in my car the other day, and got upset when the card reader messed up and wouldn't let me enter my pin numbers to pay. So, after attempt number three, I slammed into my car and drove across the road to the other gas station, which, yay, was working correctly.

The kiddo knew I was irritated by my grumblings and kept asking, "What's wrong, Mama. What's wrong?" So I told her I was upset that the stupid gas station wasn't working right. And the wee' wise three-year-old from her car seat opened her arms and said, "You need a hug and two kisses."

Well, that made all my irritation dissolve immediately AND reminded me I was being a really sucky role model for my child. I can't even practice what a preach. 

Anyway, my mom made it home from Alaska, YAY! But she won't be going to Mexico for any mission work because she fell on her face in an airport on the way home from the Alaskan vacation.

Let me tell you, getting a phone call from her cell phone at ten on a Saturday night and hearing her traveling companion, not her, answer her phone made my heart stop dead with dread.  And then, after hearing the words, "We're at the University of Colorado hospital," I almost started bawling before I could listen to what had actually happened.

Mom doesn't even know how it really all happened. She knew she was trying to pick up her pace, the next thing she knew, she was on the ground, seeing stars. She fell so hard, she broke her nose, bruised her chin, busted out half of her two front teeth, and I swear she's bit off half of her top lip.  She looks pretty banged up. Scared Lydia to death when she saw her.  Mom also broke her wrist and her opposite elbow is in a lot of pain. I know it could have been worse, but I'm super thankful it was as mild as it was, even though it really doesn't seem all that mild.

Anyway, that's what's been up with me and my family. I guess I should get to sharing that book trailer I made now. If the embedded video isn't showing up, here's the direct YouTube Link to it: http://youtu.be/sEOAzvZPlLI



Happy viewing.  And have a great weekend!




It's been three weeks since FIGHTING FATE released. So, here's my celebratory FF teaser quote of the day.


1 comment:

  1. Love the trailer! AND the music! And the guy LOL!

    What a trip for your mother. So sorry she's all banged up, but glad it's not worse.

    Oh, yeah ... Lydia's doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete